consultations with time included to perform the service as well.
What are dermal fillers and how do they work?
Dermal fillers are used for facial aesthetic treatments and are injected into the skin. They are designed to effectively reduce the appearance of unwanted wrinkles, contour and create volume, and to revitalize the skin. Dermal fillers are based on Hyaluronic acid which is a substance that naturally exists in your body. Dermal fillers work by boosting the skin’s supply of hyaluronic acid, dermal fillers revitalize and add volume to the skin, instantly diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and giving a natural softer look. Dermal fillers are a soft injectable gel consisting of stabilized, non-animal hyaluronic acid. The gel is tissue-friendly and closely resembles the hyaluronic acid that exists naturally in the body. It is long-lasting but not permanent.
- Schedule your injection at a time when minor swelling or bruising will not disrupt your social obligations. Each time you are treated, outcomes may vary.
- To lessen the likelihood of bleeding or bruising, discontinue use of blood thinning products for 10 days prior to treatment, if approved by your primary care provider. This includes: aspirin, ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil), naproxen, Aleve, fish oil, St. John's Wort, flax, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, etc. Alcohol is also to be avoided 24 hours pre- or post injectable treatment, as it is also a blood thinner. You can consider taking Arnica Montana natural supplement to help bruising.
- Please notify your provider if you have any history of cold sores, as we will consider pre medicating with an antiviral prescription prior to injections. Reschedule your appointment if you have any open sores in the treatment area. It is important that you alert us of any medical conditions you may have and/or any prescribed medications you are taking prior to your treatment.
- Swelling, bruising, tenderness, numbness, and areas of firm nodules may occur these will go away on their own.
- Cosmetic fillers are long lasting, but not permanent. Longevity depends on the areas treated and your body’s metabolism.
- DO NOT APPLY ANYTHING TO THE SKIN UNTIL THE DAY AFTER TREATMENT: No cleanser, moisturizer, or makeup!
- DO NOT massage, touch, or manipulate the injection site. Avoid heavy exercise the day of your treatment.
- Ice packs may be used to the treated area during the first 12 hours. Ice for 15 minutes on every hour.
- Avoid dental work for 30 days after filler injections.
- Avoid sleeping on your side or stomach for 24 hours post-treatment to prevent dispersing the product. We recommend you sleep elevated on your back and use pillows to stabilize yourself.
- If experiencing swelling, sleep with head elevated for 2-3 days to decrease swelling.
- You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- Wait a minimum of four weeks (or as directed by your provider) before receiving any skin care or laser treatments.
- For most patients, the benefits of dermal fillers can be enhanced by using a medical-grade skincare system. Please contact your provider or a member of the staff for product recommendations.
- If you experience bruising, Arnica Montana natural supplement can be taken to help bruising to resolve at a faster rate
- If you experience any of the following symptoms, contact our office immediately: dusky or white discoloration of injected areas, mottling or unusual bruising, severe or increasing pain, redness, increasing warmth or coolness to touch, severe swelling, itching, blisters, difficulty swallowing or smiling, fever, or chills. If you notice onset of any of these symptoms, call our front desk immediately.